Welcome to University Youth Ministry (UYM)! We are a group of pre-teens and teens that strive to show Jesus throughout all of our lives. We are not perfect, but we live in the blessing of God's glorious grace. Our goal is to let Jesus flow through our hearts, minds, bodies and souls. Please, come and be a part of our imperfect group trying to serve a perfect Savior.
The youth ministry leadership team desires for our Sunday morning classes and Wednesday night gatherings to be relevant, engaging and Biblical. We offer a class for grades 6-12
We also have a variety of service and fellowship activities, including annual retreats, special Bible studies, devotionals, and spontaneous, random activities. Many of these activities occur in the summer months, and our calendar (below) will help students and their parents know what's coming up.
Sign Up Sheets
Creekwood Girls Day
When: September 28th
Deadline to sign up: Wednesday, August 28th
This year, the Creekwood Girl's Day will be focused on the book of Esther, centered around Mordecai's words in the fourth chapter: "Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created." We as sisters will look in the text to uncover the moments when we must look the most like Christ.
Suggested Packing List for Trips
1. Bible (electronic or hardcopy)
2. Pillow and sleeping bag (sheets/comforter if you desire)
3. Soap, Shampoo and Conditioner (if it applies to you)
4. Towels, washcloth (if you use one)
5. Toothbrush and Toothpaste, SERIOUSLY!!
6. Deodorant (Please, I am on my knees begging you to remember to pack deodorant)
7. Elberta, AL Weather Appropriate Clothes/Shoes (required for ALL)
9. Great Attitude, Smile, and an open heart!